Monday, August 10, 2009

Grand Marais Music and Arts Festival

For the second weekend in a row, I have had to contend with the weather while exhibiting my art at an outdoor show. This time, though, I hauled my trailer since the festival was in Grand Marais. It was convenient to have the trailer right there so that I could store items in the trailer overnight, and not have to worry about the thunderstorms that rolled through the area.

My sales on festival grounds were down considerably, but the museum sales were up. In total I sold $10 more this year, so the numbers were about even. I'll take that. Many of the other vendors said that their numbers were down sigificantly, too.

It looks like summer has finally arrived. It is supposed to be sunny and in the 80s most of the week. Thus, if you were thinking about coming up to Grand Marais, this would be a terrific week.

Some of the festival photos are below.





No comments:

Post a Comment