Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seney Refuge Ski Adventure

I had so much fun a couple of weeks ago skiing at the Seney National Wildlife Refuge, that I had to go back. Friend, Wendy, and I took off for a half-day adventure. It sure is nice to take a few days off after the long hours of working on the book.

The Seney Refuge has a series of dams and other gates that control the water levels of the ponds and wetlands. This photo was taken of the lichen growing on the concrete top of one of these gates.



Here is the gate and the open-water pond. There were animal tracks all over the place. The critters know where there is open water. I liked the patterns that developed on the ice that hung to the side bank of the pond.




This is the post-sunset shot I took from my driveway last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment