Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chapel Area Hike -- Post 4

I arrived back home from the busy down state trip on Thursday. Thanks to all those who put me up including friends Lynnette, Joan, Marsha, Steve, and Sandi as well as my son Jonathan and his wife, Jessica. The Mason show was one of the best of the year. I also had a blast visiting with people who brought agates by for me to see.

Since I have been gone, I have to play catch-up with this photo blog. I am still posting the pictures from the hike Wendy and I did around the Chapel loop a few weeks ago. In addition to the standard Mosquito Beach photos, I've tried to document the rock formations. First, a picture of Wendy and I sitting in a little wave-carved cave.



Here are a few shots looking east.





Mosquito Beach is all rock -- there is no sand. But the rocks are amazing as the following series shows. Two photos down shows fossilized lake bed ripples.









The trees along the Lake Superior shoreline sometimes have to hold on for dear life. It helps when there are two hugging each other.


Although most of the leaves were down, we found a few areas that still had brilliant color.

No comments:

Post a Comment