Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Staying Positive

When I went for the beach walk the other night I was feeling a bit brittle. I enjoy working on the online rockhounding adventures, but it is a bit scary as I work toward launch. So I decided to practice one of my Staying Positive exercises.

As I approached the center steps I started thinking about how many times as a child I accessed the beach from these steps. Now there are three sets of steps; back then this was it.

First I concentrated on remembering the positive feelings I had playing on the beach as a kid.




Then I sat on the bench located half way up the steps.  I took around fifteen minutes to relax, breathe deeply, and focus totally on the beauty around me.  I used my camera to document the incredible detail....


Each time I slipped back toward the brittleness or had a counter-productive feeling, I found another pattern or photogenic aspect of nature.  I focuced on that beauty, smiled, appreciated the wonder of my surroundings, and took another picture.

The strength and sureness of the branches...


The perfect and consistent leaves...


The way that the branches of each tree share the canopy and access to the life-giving sunlight....


The rough yet protective and patterned bark...


The interesting color contrasts...


The boldness...


When I arrived back to my car I was feeling a whole lot less brittle and a whole lot more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment