Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Moose Lake Agate Days

All of you blog followers will be happy to know that I did not fall off the cliff.  I have just not had the time to execute on blog posting this past week and a half.  Prior to the Moose Lake show I was busy with every extra second making product for the show.  It was hard to find enough time since I am in the museum more than 50 hours a week.  But I did get everything done and left for Moose Lake last Thursday.

The last night home we had a great sunset.  I wish I would have had time to get photos from the shoreline.  The low level fog just lit up!


My booth at the Moose Lake, MN agate show is in the corner of the gym.


My booth....





The view from my chair early on Sunday morning.  If I would have taken this same photo on Saturday, there would have been a sea of humanity.  Saturday was nuts.


I briefly walked around to get a few photos.  My first stop:  Ana de la Santos's Argentina agate booth.




A few of the tailgate booths in the parking lot.


Scott Wolter in his booth.  He is the host of the America Unearthed TV show that airs on H2.


My friend, Sharon Smith, in her booth.


Brian Costigan in his booth.  I will post some photos tomorrow of the Jequitinhonha Agates that I purchased from Brian.  Those of you who have been to the Gitche Gumee museum may be familiar with the "plate tectonic" agate that I purchased from Brian.  Over the last four years, I have sold a couple hundred of the specimens that I have bought from him as well.  Brian had 12 small to medium agates for sale, as well as three large ones (33, 33, and 21 pounds).  I bought them all and have them for sale at the museum.  Other than a few specimens that he has for sale in his EBay store -- he has no more left from this amazing collection.  These agates were naturally polished by the African diamond dust deposited in the Jequitinhonha River, proving that South America and Africa were once connected as part of the super continent, Pangea.  
 


One guy came by my booth and showed me an agate that his sister found many years ago.  It is a sentimental family agate.



With the product I brought to sell at the show, my car was already full.  Since I purchased six pails of Lake Superior agate (200 pounds) as well as two large totes of the Jequitinhonha agates -- it was a challenge to get it all in my car to get home.  Since I sleep in my car, it was especially difficult.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment