Monday, November 7, 2016

Grand Sable Dunes Hike

As promised today I will post photos from an hour-long dune hike I went on last night.  I am glad I checked the sunset time before departing, not thinking that the sun now sets at around 5;20 pm!  As a result, I didn't have time to hike all the way from Sable Lake to Lake Superior and back.  I made it around 75% of the way before taking a break to enjoy the view and eat a sandwich.

Once I climbed up the first dune, I turned around to take a photo of Sable Lake....


Hiking north on the "lake to lake" trail...





Milkweed....





It has been so warm lately that the strawberries are confused and are blooming.






Heading back toward Sable Lake....if you look close you can see the half moon...



Another blooming strawberry plant....


The moon....




A final photo of Sable Lake....


No comments:

Post a Comment