Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Quick Trip to Florida

My business Visa credit card is changing reward programs so I had some points I had to use up or I would lose them.  I decided to take a quick trip to Florida to visit my only aunt and uncle.  Thanks to Lynne and Doug for a wonderful few days in the Fort Walton Beach area. 

The visit was fantastic, but travel to and from there was not.  We could not fly out of Marquette at all due to ice, snow, and wind.  So the airlines transported all of us by bus to Chicago.  It was a very long nearly eight hour bus ride.  I missed my connections and had to spend the night in Charlotte, NC.  On the way back I got as far as Chicago.  We were on the plane ready to take off when they decided we could not land in Marquette due to wind and low clouds.  I spent the night at the airport since I refused to pay for a second non-budgeted hotel room.  Oh well.  The moral of this story is do not try to fly out of Marquette in the winter.

Here are a few photos I took from the plane while landing....




View from my uncle and aunt's balcony....


The first evening I went for a walk and took a few photos...







There were several tall birds sitting just off shore.  I think they are blue herons.



Restaurant down the beach...



No comments:

Post a Comment