Sunday, January 5, 2020

Christmas in South Lyon and New Natural History Museum in Ann Arbor

After visiting my oldest son and his family in the Madison, WI area, I drove around Chicago and headed to South Lyon to spend Christmas with my youngest son and his family. 

First, we visited the new Museum of Natural History at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.  I spent a lot of time at the original museum both as a student and as a parent with two little boys.  I was excited to see what they did with the new building, relocated displays, and new displays.  I must say I was disappointing.  The architecture is interesting but the new museum does not have the quaint, inviting feeling of the old museum. 
  











Next we had lunch in town at the Gandy Dancer and then headed over to the Botanical Gardens.














A couple of days later we enjoyed Christmas.



Snacks during the day as we watched movies.



I was having a hard time hearing all the dialog in the movie, so my son moved a speaker next to me.


Sunset after glow...


For at least an hour, my son pitched to my grandson in the back yard.  They practiced until it got dark.


Just some of my grandson's car collection....


He is now developing a baseball bat collection....


One of his gifts:  a Polar Express train set.  It works perfectly around the Christmas tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment