Saturday, October 9, 2021

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hike: Beaver Basin

My college friend and his girlfriend, Steve and Linda,  were up to visit me this week. We had a great time! We met in Newberry and played a round of golf. Then, the next day we hiked from Little Beaver Lake to the Lake Superior shoreline in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Then, the last evening we had a beach fire dinner.

Me teeing off ... starting my down swing.

The fall colors were fantastic around the course.


Steve and Linda at the trailhead.


The leaves covering the ground were as pretty as those still on the trees.






 

Beaver dam...

 

Views along the trail....



 

There appears to be a face in the rock. I think it is natural. Steve and Linda think it is cultural (carved).







 

Our destination was the Lake Superior beach. The map said it was a 1.5 mile hike (one way), but it was actually over two miles.





 

We had a rock skipping contest....

 

After the hike, we went back to my house so I could prepare the "foil food dinner" to cook on the beach.









 Thanks to Steve and Linda for a great couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment