Sunday, May 15, 2022

MN gravel pit and more

I arrived home from my MN trip a couple of days ago. I went to do a book signing plus I attended the Brainerd show to buy agates for the museum's gift shop. I forgot to take photos at the show -- sorry.

The day after the show, friends took me northeast of Brainerd. We went agate hunting in two gravel pits -- both of which we had permission to enter and the keys to the gates. I found a dozen or so agates, but nothing worth showing until I clean them up. Thanks to Sharon and Click! Here are a few photos of the gravel pits.





When we arrived back to my friend's house, we noticed a helicopter flying just over the trees. When it came around, we noticed it had one of those big water buckets. The helicopter was picking up water at a near-by lake and dumping it on a fire on the neighbor's property!  In total the fire burned 11 acres, but no one was hurt and there were no structures lost. With 45 mph winds, a camp fire that was not totally put out re-kindled. Thankfully the authorities jumped on the fire right away.


A spotter plane also circled the area to monitor this fire ass well as to watch for others.







No comments:

Post a Comment