Monday, July 25, 2011

Dune Hike -- Post 1

Yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks I made time to go on a hike. My goal the beginning of the summer was to maintain the exercise schedule on a regular basis. However, the busy schedule as well as travel, the heat, and bugs have not helped my motivation.

The weather was threatening in the morning, so I delayed the hike to the afternoon. It was cloudy when I started with a mist in the air at times. I could see pockets of rain all around me -- but not in the dunes. I checked with friends and sure enough, it did rain in Grand Marais.  At the end of the hike, the skies cleared and I was able to enjoy some sunshine.

Here are the first set of photos from the hike. In total I was in the dunes for four hours. I really needed it.  You can see in the first photo that the skies were clearing in the west.


I hiked into the middle of the dunes.  From my dinner spot on top of the bluff, I had an unusual angle that provided a view of the beach to the east.

A telephoto shot of the lighthouse.

As I circled back to the west, I caught another unusual view .....

I just love the way sunbeams dance on the water.

Here is a sunset from earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment