Monday, October 10, 2011

Minnesota Trip -- Post 2

The October weather continues to be amazing here in Grand Marais. Temperatures were in the mid 70s yesterday with plentiful sunshine. Today is supposed to be about the same -- again!

The blog posting this morning will include the remainder of the photos taken during the few days off I took in Minnesota last week.  The following three shots show how low the water level is in some of the Minnesota rivers.  This is the river that runs through Jay Cook State Park in Carlton County, located around 40 miles south of Duluth.  The second and third were taken from the same spot.  I couldn't decide if I liked the vertical or the horizontal format better, so I included both.





Jill and I spent the day up in Duluth visiting with friends.  Thanks go out to Terry Roses for the great lunch and meeting we had.  Terry just retired and closed his Fragments of History store.  We will certainly miss going into the store!  We also stopped by to visit one of my agate dealer friends.  Here are some shots of Eric's agates.




Before lunch we walked around downtown.  Here are some shots of the freighter that is now a tourist attraction.






This large teddy bear was sitting outside of a chocolate factory.



I just love this little draw bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment