Sunday, January 27, 2013

Head Lamp Snowshoe

On Friday afternoon I finished the design of the online rockhounding adventures.  It was a little anticlimactic after 5,000 hours of work over the last few years.  I don't think I'll actually feel emotion until after the adventures are actually launched and ready to go.  Before launch, I still have to real-time test all nine segments and execute the publishing logistics that will move the project files from my computer to my webmaster's computer at www.agatelady.com.  I hope to execute the launch in the next few days.  I will also implement a web page update at the same time, which usually takes me a day to prepare.  And of course I'll post the availability status on this blog.

To celebrate finishing the design portion of the project, I asked me friend, Dianna, to come over for a head lamp snowshoe and game of cribbage.

After putting on our snowshoes, Dianna decided to climb up the snow bank left over from the front end loader that cleared my driveway on Thursday morning.


The snow bank gave away under her snowshoe.  Di was OK, but I had to snap a photo.


The metal roof on my house is supposed to shed the snow, but there is not enough slope.  This causes the snow to curl over the edge.


The wind blows the snow off the south edge of my house causing the curls of snow to "grow."


We climbed the snow drift that forms on the south side of my house and knocked the curls off.  We are expecting a thaw this week and I don't want water to drip under the eaves.




Then we snowshoed my paths.  There is a lot of snow that has collected on the trees.







One of my lamps in my front window. 


No comments:

Post a Comment