Monday, January 21, 2013

New Agate Photos and More

I must admit that I wimped out and did not get outside to take photos yesterday.  It snowed on and off all day and was very cold and windy.  Wind chills were well below zero all day.  Today it is even colder.  The ambient temperatures outside my house are just above zero.  There are places in the Upper Peninsula that have ambient temperatures this morning at 20 below and wind chills at 39 below, so it could be worse.

Here are a few pictures I took out my windows.  With this storm the drift around my sun porch went from six inches high to over four feet.


We now have almost two feet of snow on the ground.  We are expecting at least another foot of snow in the next day or so.  Winter is definitely back.


Yesterday I took all new photos for the last segment I have to finish of the online rockhounding adventures.  Here are a few of those photos that I took of Lake Superior agates..




















No comments:

Post a Comment