Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lake Superior Beach and more

I purchased and had shipped a cooling pad for my laptop, which I'm using right now to post this blog update.  The fan in the pad is keeping my computer cool enough for temporary use.  Tomorrow I am leaving for Marquette to purchase my new computer and have the technician transfer all of my files from this computer to my new one.  Since I'll be busy with packing the car, and then with the Ishpeming show, I won't get a chance to post another blog update until Sunday.

For today's posting, here are a few pictures I took down the beach when I conducted a rockhounding/agate class for a family the other day.

Looking west...




Looking east...



Speaking of east, a woman came in the museum who found the item shown below on the beach east of town.  She has shown a few people around town, but so far no one knows what the item may be.  It is around 14 inches long and is made of iron.  Any ideas?


And here are a few pictures from my garden.

Lavender....

Iris...


Pumpkin flower...



Broccoli, squash, and pumpkin...


Parsley...


Thyme...


Lettuce...


Broccoli...

 
A harvest...

Some sunset pictures taken from my house last night...


No comments:

Post a Comment