Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas

Those of you who follow this blog know that I am very dedicated.  I must admit, though, that this past week I decided to go technology free.  I think it is a good thing for all of us to do that once in a while.  While driving back north yesterday I heard a NPR interview about how the use of technology does become addictive.  The process of sending and receiving text messages, for example, actually release dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers. Often while down state I saw people paying attention to just their phones.  I decided that while visiting family and friends -- I would pay attention to them and live in the moment.  I appreciate that for the most part my family and friends did the same.  Thanks to Steve, Marsha, Jonathan, Jessica, Chris and Dennis, and Ben and Betsy for housing and feeding me as well as for spending quality time.

Below are some Christmas photos to wish you a great holiday season.

A poem I wrote.  Click on it to enlarge.











No comments:

Post a Comment