Wednesday, December 7, 2016

First Creek Bluff and Beach Hike

Yesterday was definitely the calm before the storm.  The snow will start here in Grand Marais tomorrow and will not let up until Saturday.  They are predicting that we could get 15 inches.  The Keweenaw is supposed to get over two feet.  On your mark, get set, GO!

Since it was still mild, and partly sunny, Lois and her son, Robbie, and I went for a hike.  We climbed the bluff at First Creek, did a loop down the bluff and up around through the woods, and headed down to the beach.  I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are a few...

Up in the woods we found two different national park boundary markers.  I don't remember seeing these before....


Moss with ice crystals....


Sun is going down.  Now the sun is well to the southwest, given the earth's tilt away from the sun in this northern latitude.


Stump...


Beach looking both ways....




I took some beach rock photos that I may use in the children's book.  Work on the book is going very well.  I am done selecting the rocks, writing the poem, researching graphics, and selecting possible graphics.  Now I am trying to pin down the specifications for printing and layout, which I want to do before I design the cover and interior pages.  Also, I am still trying to get up the learning curve on the new version of Photoshop.






No comments:

Post a Comment