Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Agate Close Ups

I was supposed to go hiking yesterday, but plans changed so I didn't get a chance to get out. So today I'll include some agate pictures.

The first photos were emailed to me by Paul Bledsoe from South Dakota. He is finding these Fairburn agates by extracting them from limestone matrix.




Here are a few shots taken by the photographer for my new agate book, Tom Shearer.  By the way, if any of you rockhounds need to hire Tom to take pictures of your favorite agates or rocks, send me an email at karen@agatelady.com and I'll facilitate the connection with Tom.

This first picture is not labelled, but I think it is a Lake Superior agate.

This next photo is a Black River agate from Argentina.

This is a shot of a Condor agate from Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment