Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow I'll finish the second half of pictures from the dunes hike I took the other day. But for today's posting, I would like to encourage all of us to give thanks for having a planet that gives us our cosmic home. Here are some of the photos from the online rockhounding adventures that celebrate the beauty of Earth and everything on our planet.










And some random thoughts about what I am thankful for.

--I am thankful that I live in Grand Marais and that I am healthy and able to enjoy the beauty of our area.
--I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family.
--I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be the Agatelady and to carry on Axel's legacy to operate the Gitche Gumee Museum.
--I am thankful that I have the skills, time, and passion to create books, mineral art, and now the online rockhounding adventures that help people to understand and appreciate agates and other rocks and minerals.
--I am thankful to all of you who give me support and encouragement for all that I do.


Some of the pictures included today are those I took. The others are either from the shutterstock plan that I purchased or from NASA including:
shutterstock_76444714, NASA 115334main_image_feature_329_ys_full Earth, shutterstock_118968223, shutterstock_115218448, shutterstock_118647430, shutterstock_107976863,NASA 54428main_MM_image_feature_102_jwlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment