Thursday, November 15, 2012

Log Slide Area Hike -- Post 3

Today I will post the third set of pictures from the Log Slide area hike that I took the other day.

Here are more photos of the Jacobesviille sandstone.  This is billion year old rock that lies under almost the whole width of Lake Superior and peaks up on shore at several localities.




This metamorphic rock boulder came from the northwest side of Lake Superior, carried to the south shore by either glaciers or icebergs.


I just love all the boulders on this section of shore.



This is some of the best Jacobesville sandstone outcroppings in the area.





I knew that I was going to run out of beach at some point.  Not too far down the beach from the photos below I had to look for a place to climb up the bank.





The sun popped out over the dunes -- briefly.





No comments:

Post a Comment