Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wisconsin Agate Collections -- Post 1

Today I'll continue posting the pictures I took while on the agate collection crawl in the Stevens Point, Wisconsin area. 

First -- a few pictures from Doug and Susan's collection.  Doug specializes in thunder egg agates from around the world, and especially those from Germany.

 
 
Geodes...
 
 
Miscellaneous agates including a Chinese rain flower on the left and some cut Lakers...
 
 
A skip-an-atom Lake Superior agate...
 
 
A Mexican agate...
 
 
A plume agate....
 
 
 
I saw so many agates over the course of three days that I don't remember for sure where all of them are from, including the one below...
 

 
New Mexican agates....
 
 
 
Until I saw the specimen pictured below in the following two photos, I had never seen an uncut Tampa Bay agatized coral...
 
 
 
An unusual botryoidal agate....
 
 
A Kentucky agate...
 
 
We visited the Natural History Museum at UW-Stevens Point....
 
 
 
I have never seen an egg collection until we visited the museum....
 
 
The museum also had a cool collection of these hand crafted and incredibly detailed Native American figures (I think they are Menominee).
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment