Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dunes Hike with updated beach photos and rabbit

Late last week I found out I need a new well.  There is a breach in the old pipe, so rather than try to fix that and have to get a new well anyway, I am getting a new well.  I cannot believe how expensive it is!

I took the news better than I would have in the past, but did feel the need to go on a hike.  I parked at Sable Falls and went into the dunes.

Approaching the bluff over Lake Superior...


These pictures were taken less than a day after the previous bluff photos.  As you can see, there is little to no shelf ice left.  Waves the previous night obliterated what ice was left.  It was a pleasure watching the shelf ice break up this spring!






Virga to the west (rain that does not reach the ground).






This is what it looks like outside my window this morning.  We could get 2-3 inches of snow.  They say it is May 1st, but I am not sure.....



No comments:

Post a Comment