Saturday, January 22, 2022

Very Cold Lake Superior Beach Snowshoe

This past Friday I met friends at their house located out on Coast Guard point. It was very cold with wind chills below zero, but we decided to head out  on snowshoes anyway. We decided to head to the east toward the channel and lighthouse first since the wind was strong from the west. Then we headed back west. Once we arrived back in front of their house -- I decided I had enough. I had forgotten to bring my goggles and face covering. So we headed back in for an incredible venison dinner and a euchre card game.

Recent winds blew most of the snow off the beach. The rocks were exposed, but frozen in the sand.

Friends, Barb and Sharon leading the way.....



The top of the outer harbor lighthouse is peaking above the piled up shore ice in  the photo below....





Pancake ice was floating in the channel.




No comments:

Post a Comment