Thursday, October 24, 2013

UofM Botanical Gardens

Yesterday morning I did a few hours of marketing over the internet and then downloaded the software I used to develop the online classes to my new computer.  In the days to come, I will publish the new DVD version of the how to find agates segment, which will be included in the pilot launch offering, and resume work on the playtime quizzes for the first two rockhounding classes.

For those of you who live in southern Michigan, I will have a booth at the Mason show this Friday through Sunday.  Information is available on the museum webpage at www.agatelady.com.  Scroll down the home page until you get to the show schedule.

After working most of the day I decided to visit the UofM Botanical Gardens.  As many of you blog followers know, I enjoy taking photos of flowers as much as I like taking pictures of agates.  I must admit that the conservancy is looking great this year.

The bromeliad collection was especially impressive.



And of course I just love orchids!



Bananas....





The next two photos were taken through a kaleidoscope...



Bonsai...



Pictures taken in the desert greenhouse...






Back in the tropical greenhouse..



The misting system came on when I was in the tropical greenhouse.  As many times as I've visited the gardens, I have never seen the misters come on.  I felt like I was in the tropics to be sure!





As I was walking back to my car, I noticed this bird's nest that had fallen out of a tree into the bushes.


Lots of cherries...


Grandma and Keenen...

No comments:

Post a Comment