Sunday, January 24, 2021

Planet Conjunction and Early Winter

On December 17th, I drove over to Sable Lake and got a photo of the moon along with Saturn and Jupiter. This was four days before the "great conjunction." I was hoping to get additional photos, but the next several days we were socked in with clouds. So this is the best I was able to do.

A few days later, my friend, Barb, and I hiked in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. There was some snow, but not enough to require snowshoes.

This is the spot we headed up into the Grand Sable Dunes.

I turned around and took a couple of photos of the sun behind the trees.


This was our view at our break spot looking north across the dunes to Lake Superior.

A couple of days later, Barb and I hiked in the school forest to the wide bend of the Sucker River.

On December 29th my snow plow service showed up for the first time of the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment