Friday, April 1, 2022

From Spring down state to Winter in the Upper Peninsula

While down state, I spent time with my friend, Marsha. The dusting of snow the previous day melted and we went for a walk around her yard.

Her paths were a bit muddy, but it was great to see the grass starting to turn green!


We spotted a downy woodpecker.


There was a bit of ice in the creek, but not much.

A little while later, several deer showed up.



 When I arrived back in Grand Marais, winter was still here to greet me.

One brave ice fisherman was set up way across the bay.

The outer harbor lighthouse is barely visible from the parking lot due to the ice piled up.


Snow is still piled up out on the poing.

At Agate Beach, the shore ice is also piled up and there is floating ice out on the big lake.

I drove around town and saw deer everywhere I turned. The following photo shows a deer down by the marina.

As I was driving away from Agate Beach, I saw deer in my rear view mirror.

The museum.

Deer by First Creek.



Deer by Sable Falls.

The road commission has opened up H58 around Sable Falls.  Good thing since my road is VERY muddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment