Saturday, April 16, 2022

Spring, deer, and Lake Superior waves

Today's photos include those I took over the past few days. Spring started to happen with significant rain that reduced the snow pack by around 60 percent. Then temperatures dropped and we had a bit more snow. In fact, it is snowing right now as I type. As much as I enjoyed being home this winter to make mineral art, cross country ski, snowshoe, and spend time with friends -- I AM READY FOR SPRING! 

Sign of spring....


A couple of days ago when I was working on rock show tasks, I noticed this deer that came almost right up to my house to feed on grass exposed by the melting snow. At one point, he was munching right next to my house. When I was taking photos, I noticed that he had a wound on his rear as well as another behind his right ear. Most likely this lucky deer survived a coyote attack. A deer at my friends house was not so lucky.




Yesterday a friend and I hiked on H58 from town most of the way to the turn off at Sable Falls. The winds were ferocious and the snow was pelting our faces, so as we crested the hill just before the turnoff we decided to turn around. On the way back we walked through Woodland Park. There are already two big rigs camping! I captured the following photo from Woodland Park, and the remaining wave photos from the deck of my friend's house.






No comments:

Post a Comment