Monday, June 21, 2010

Museum Mineral Room Photos

Every year I try to refurbish or reorganize part of the museum. This year I completely redid the middle room that contains the mineral collection. I moved the chemistry cabinets to the middle of the room, relocated the display cabinets that were under the stairway out to the main room, and moved the black light fluorescent rock display under the stairway, which allows visitors to see the fluorescence much more dramatically. I also completely reorganized the rocks in the chemistry cabinets and added new interpretive information. To display some of the reprint photos from the new agate book that were kindly donated by Tom Shearer, I also removed Axel's driftwood collection and mounted the photos. The driftwood collection will be relocated to the theater corral, the building behind the museum. Here are some photos documenting the changes.








No comments:

Post a Comment