Thursday, March 18, 2021

Hike from my house to Sable Lake Boat Ramp and beyond

Yesterday afternoon was a gorgeous day with temperatures in the 40s and full sun. My friend, Barb, and I decided to venture out from my house and hike to the Sable Lake boat ramp. It is probably a two-mile trek one way.

Spring has definitely sprung. Snow melt is underway.

Snowmobiling appears to be over. You can see the severely degraded snowmobile trail on the right side of the photo below.

The road to the boat ramp has been plowed, but is still ice covered.

I love the drainage area next to the road. There are shelves of billion year old Jacobsville sandstone that creates waterfalls.

There are also icicles.



The forest next to the boat ramp.....

Then we headed out onto the ice still covering Sable Lake. I love this view of the Grand Sable dunes.


We sat on a log and enjoyed the sun.



There were cracks in the ice.


Heading back....

View of the Grand Sable dunes through the trees.

The plowed snow banks were up to eight feet tall!











No comments:

Post a Comment