Saturday, March 13, 2021

Little Presque to Sugarloaf hike in Marquette

When I went to Marquette this week to get the review draft of the manuscript for my new book printed, I went on two hikes with my friend, Helen. The first day we used both our cars, leaving one at Sugarloaf and then driving to Little Presque. In total the hike is just under four miles, but the ruggedness and the long climb up the back side of Sugarloaf made it feel like a lot more.  However, it was an absolutely gorgeous hike.

On my drive to Marquette, I stopped at one of the rest areas to get a few pictures of the shore ice and floating ice chunks on Lake Superior.



The start of the hike at Little Presque.

Shoreline photos....







In certain places, there were stairways and bridges, some of which were covered with ice.

When we were looking for a lunch spot, I saw these boulders. This was the spot!

View to the left from our lunch spot.

Thanks Helen (and her husband Jimmy) for the lunch!

View to the right from our lunch spot.

Continuing down the trail toward Sugarloaf.





When we reached the access trail to Sugarloaf, it was up, up, up from there.



I turned around and documented one of the stairways.

Finally, we made it to the top!

Looking back toward Little Presque (which is the other side of the point).

More views from the top.






Heading back to the parking lot....





No comments:

Post a Comment