Wednesday, March 3, 2021

School Forest Ski and more

First, I will update everyone regarding progress on the book. I am in the final stage of editing the review draft. I edited the first time on screen, but then printed out the manuscript. What a monster! It was nice to see all the chapters together. I am just finishing editing the hard copy. After I incorporate all the changes, I will travel to Marquette to have the draft photocopied for the dozen or so reviewers that  have been lined up. I am very happy to report two geologists have agreed to help with the review! Although I am fairly confident I have correctly identified the 650 images, I want more trained eyes to verify the classifications. Whew! This has been a project!

I was supposed to head out and exercise on Monday, but the wind chill was below zero so I decided to not head out. We did not get a lot of snow, but it was near white out conditions several times during the day.


So instead yesterday I went skiing in the school forest with friends, Barb and Sharon. The track was not great since it was littered with debris as a result of the 40 mph winds on Monday. Also, the snow was a bit sticky in places since temperatures were near 30 degrees, icy in other places because of rain we received on Sunday, but we still had a good ski.



Last night I donned my Michigan gear excited to watch my Wolverines. Unfortunately, they did not show up, which resulted in their second loss of the season.

I still made myself a good dinner for the game with shrimp and a peas/cashew/raisin dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment