Sunday, February 2, 2020

Arizona Photos

It has been three years since I attended the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show to buy for the Gitche Gumee Museum's gift shop.  This is the year I decided I should go and see what is new.  Tomorrow I will post a few photos from the show.  In the mean time, here are some Arizona photos I took while traveling in the area.

View from my campsite in western Texas when I was heading west.



 I just love dragoon rocks.  I call them "Fred Flinstone" rocks.  These outcrops are in eastern Arizona along I10.





Thankfully, my car serves as my RV.  It has been warm during the day, but cold at night.  Thankfully, I have a small plug-in heater.  The following photos I took while walking around the campground.












Almost all of the cacti had aged blooms.  It must have been a heck of a spring last year!


The orange trees are also happy.



After the show, I headed north and hiked some of the trails at Picacho Peak.  Picacho Peak State Park is a state park surrounding Picacho Peak in Picacho, Arizona. The park is located between Casa Grande and Tucson near Interstate 10 in Pinal County. Its centerpiece spire is visible from downtown Tucson, a distance of 45 miles. The summit rises to 3,374 feet above mean sea level.
 




Some of the rocks were coated in druzy quartz.


This next photo looks east down into the valley and I10.











No comments:

Post a Comment