Saturday, September 19, 2020

Night Sky Photography Class--Night 2 at Fayette State Park

 Last night the night photography class went to Fayette State Park.  Again, we had permission to be in the park after closing.  Here are a few of the untouched images just as they came out of the borrowed camera.  Now that I know what is required out of the camera to take night images, I will certainly be acquiring one.

This first photo shows the planets Saturn and Jupiter between two of the Fayette preserved buildings.

The rest of the images below use a technique called light painting.  With the lens of the camera fully open and a long exposure, you use a headlamp or other light to illuminate the subject matter.  Just as I took the following image, someone behind me turned on their headlamp casting my shadow along with that of my tripod.

I next tried the red light option on my headlamp.  In person you could hardly see the red at all, but the camera did.

Click on the image below to enlarge it.  The Milky Way does show through the top of the old general store that now has no ceiling/roof.

Click on the image below to see the light painting with a red light.

Light painting with a white light.

The clouds dissipated and I was able to get a better photo of the Milky Way.



No comments:

Post a Comment