Monday, August 11, 2014

Breakwall Sunset

This past weekend was the music festival in Grand Marais.  I must admit that I did not attend festival.  Friday I went home to make mineral art, Saturday I worked the museum and then spent time with friends, Doug and Susan Moore.  Sunday I made agate plates and worked the museum.   Thanks to Doug and Susan for the great visit, conversations, and meals.

We parked at the end of Coast Guard Point and walked out to the breakwall.  Due to the upwelling of cold water, there is still a lot of fog out over Lake Superior, which affects the color and look of the sunset.


The seagulls and tourists hanging out on the breakwall....


There were also a lot of people hanging out on the beach...







A pontoon boat sped by...


Doug and Susan...


The almost full moon.


1 comment: