Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Beach -- Shoreline still ice covered

I have had some requests about whether the shoreline is available for agate hunting.  As you can see from the photos below, at least in Grand Marais, there is still around 100 yards of ice along the shoreline.  Up the beach there is some rock, but not a lot.  Apparently at the beach across the road from Muskallonge State Park -- there are some ice-free sections of beach.  Temperatures the next few days will be a bit cooler (in the 40s), so the spring melt will slow down a bit.


Zooming into the lighthouse...




Zooming west....



First Creek has a lot of flow due to the snow melt....






On Sunday I took a few photos around my house.  My driveway is horrible.



I still have big piles of snow.







No comments:

Post a Comment