Saturday, February 12, 2022

Hike just before winter storm

Yesterday the winter storm held off, which allowed us time to get out to get some exercise. Barb, Sharon,Jake, and I decided to just hike with boots again, since it was too warm to ski with temperatures around 30 degrees.

All together we hikes around three miles. Again, we headed west from the parking lot near the bridge in the school forest. Around half of the way back to the car, we sat on a snowbank and enjoyed celebrating Friday with a glass of wine.


 
 After our adventure, we headed back to town and drove over to Sharon and Jon's house, located on Coast Guard Point. Jon has an amazing snow plow and keeps up the snow removal several times a day. The location of their house exposes their property to major blowing and drifting. As I started up the driveway, I hesitated for a second because we could see some four feet drifts. But then, I decided to go for it. It was exciting and scary, especially when I hit the largest drift causing the snow to completely block my windshield. Jon was watching from the front door and said it was cool to see.
 
Below is their lake-side window looking west. They certainly have one of the best views in town!

I only had my new cell phone, so I was not able to get closeup photos of the waves hitting the ice shelf. The shore ice is now a few hundred yards out from the edge of the shoreline.

Sharon and Jon have a few pets, including this cool bird.

Dinner included venison shish kebobs, homemade applesauce, and rice. After dinner we played euchre. Jon and I successfully had revenge against Barb and Sharon and won this time in a very close game.


No comments:

Post a Comment