Saturday, February 19, 2022

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

The total snow fall so far this winter in Grand Marais is now over 200 inches. The most recent blizzard started yesterday afternoon, continued all night, and is still going strong this morning. I was busy making mineral art and did not notice yesterday how much the snow piled up until around 6:00pm. When I noticed how much snow was on top of my sun porch roof (which does not have a lot of support), I donned my snowshoes and went out to roof rake. Thankfully, the snow was light and fluffy so it was not too difficult to rake.

This is a picture out my kitchen window this morning. I can no longer see out the window. The drift increased a few feet over night.

Roof raking.....

When I turned to the west to snowshoe up the drift to remove some of the snow off the house roof, I snapped the photo below. It was starting to get dark, but I was able to remove some of the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment