Monday, August 31, 2009

Dune Hikes

This past month was so busy, that I've only had a chance to hike once or twice a week -- until recently. While I was in the Whitefish Point area last weekend, I jump started getting back on my healthy lifestyle by joining a friend and completing a four-hour, mostly by head lamp hike. It was a different perspective hiking in the dark, but I enjoyed it. Since then, it has been back to the dunes in Grand Marais. Here are some shots taken this week, including a couple of photos of some awesome fungi.

This first photo is a picture I took of a huge bear paw print we saw the night before last. We thought we smelled the musky smell of a bear two or three times, too, but we just kept on hiking. Notice the nickle we used for reference.













No comments:

Post a Comment