Tuesday, November 3, 2009

UofM Botanical Gardens etc.

While I was down state, I gave my agate talk at the Rock Shoppe, located in Plymouth at the intersection of North Territorial and Gotfredson Road. I had never been there before and was quite surprised. This is a landscaping supply company that sells to contractors, as well as to individual home owners. If you want ANY kind of rock or landscaping material, it is worth the drive. I want to thank the owners Helena and Marco for sponsoring the talk, and for letting me set up my mineral art to sell. I would also like to thank all of those who attended. Below is a shot of the entrance sign, and one of just part of the vast yard storing and displaying rocks for sale from all over the world.




While in Ann Arbor, after visiting with both my sons, I stayed a couple of days with my friend, Marsha. We had a number of outings, including a hike at Waterloo and a visit to the UofM Botanical Gardens. When I lived in the Ann Arbor area, my kids and I were regular visitors to the gardens. Although rocks are my passion, I also enjoy taking photos of flowers. I visit the Botanical Gardens almost every time I am down state. Below are a few photos I took while at the gardens this last time.






No comments:

Post a Comment