Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Snowshoes

Happy holidays to all!

I took time off from the book (of course) to spend Christmas in Baraga with my son and daughter-in-law, Kevin and Jericho, and Jericho's family. Kevin and Jericho flew in from Vermont. The weather cooperated so the driving wasn't too bad, just slippery in spots.

On Christmas eve, Kevin and I went snowshoeing up by the Bishop Baraga statute that looks over Keweenaw Bay. The photo didn't come out great given that the flash on my digital camera is not that great, but it is kind of an interesting shot anyway, given the holiday season.



On Christmas, Kevin and I went snowshoeing along the Horoscope River, which is located around 15 miles northwest of Baraga. Jericho's family owns some of the land, which is beautiful. Here is one of the old barns, old farm equipment, and lawn tractor -- the old one that is now a snow holder, and a couple of snowshoe photos. While driving over there, we saw 4 eagles plus ravens etc. feeding off road kill. I've never seen 4 eagles that close up in the same place before!









Now I'm back home and working hard on the book. I have completed the challenging section on agate genesis. It should be down hill from here. Just as a teaser, below is one of the photos that will be going in the book taken by Tom Shearer. He really is a magic man. This is one of the shots of a Laguna Agate that I'll be using to discuss the infiltration channel structures often seen in agates.




I hope that everyone had a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment