Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beach Fire and Bond Falls

After my sister, Diana, and I returned home from the Porcupine Mountains, it was a beautiful night. So we asked friends Renee and Wendy to join us for a cook out on the beach bluff through and past the school forest. It was a glorious evening.



The first weekend of October I headed back out on the road with friend, Jill Phillips, to exhibit at Cranberry Festival in Eagle River, WI. The fall colors were still magnificent.



When I travel I now use a Tom-Tom GPS device. As we were driving, the Tom-Tom told us to turn down Bond Falls Road. I have always wondered about the falls, even though I have never heard of anyone talk about it. What a surprise.

Bond Falls is one of those "best kept secret" spots on the Western Upper Peninsula that you want to make sure you do not miss. This beautiful water fall is located on the middle branch of the Ontonagon River near Paulding. Although it does not get the "press" of more famous U.P. water falls, we were told that Bond Falls has a large following of admirers and had even been part of a calendar listing the most scenic natural places in the world! It is located off of highway 45 half way between Bruce Crossing and Watersmeet.




No comments:

Post a Comment