Monday, December 10, 2012

New Camera Lens photos and Snow

First, I'll give an update on the online rockhounding adventures. I am done with the first adventure, which includes four segments. At least, I am almost done. I have a few clean up items that will require a couple more hours. This week I'll start on the second adventure, which includes five segments. Final editing should not take as long as it did for the first adventure (I hope). I'll keep everyone informed. I know I promised to launch prior to now, but sometimes the creative process takes longer than you would like.

A cold front came through the upper Midwest yesterday. In Grand Marais, we received 3-4 inches. Here are a few shots I took around my house.





Yesterday I took the next step in preparation of working on the second adventure. Now that I have realized that my regular digital camera does not take good close up pictures, I finally played some more with my new Nikon digital SLR camera. I bought a lens kit that magnifies images to get good quality close up pictures. I'll have to practice some more, but so far I am happy with the results. What do you think?

One of the museum founder's Lake Superior agates...




A peeler Lake Superior agate...



A Kentucky agate...


An Argentina snowflake agate...


A rough Ocean Jasper....


A Moroccan agate...


A Mexican Coyomito agate...


No comments:

Post a Comment