Monday, March 28, 2016

Porcupine Mountain State Park Hike

Late last week I spent all of my time trying to finish imputing information from the data base I compiled into the history book.  I finished the task on Thursday night around 10:00 p.m.!  There is still a lot of work to do to finish the first draft, but I am very happy with the progress.  In addition to editing, I want to see if I can get any tourism data plus a few other things.  I hope to have the first draft completed in the next couple of weeks!

After a month of working hard on the book (and enjoying every minute of it), I took the weekend off and went to the Keweenaw to visit with relatives for Easter weekend.  One day we went to the Porcupine Mountain State Park.  The road to Lake of the Clouds was not open so we began our adventure by hiking the Deer Yard Trail.  I love all of the cabins the park has for rent.  They are very basic with fold down bunks, outhouse, and fire ring, but I think they are awesome!  Someday soon I want to rent one of them.









No comments:

Post a Comment