Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sunset Beach Hike

As for an update on the history book, on Monday I added information about the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and worked on graphics.  Yesterday I started editing.  Given the length of the book, editing is a long process.  I was only able to get through half the book yesterday despite working on it all day!  Editing will continue for several days....

A couple of nights ago I did go for a walk on the beach.  This is the first time this spring that I have gone down to the beach at sunset.  I was happy to see that the sun is now setting far enough north that it is already past Au Sable Point!  I was also very surprised to see that there is hardly any shore ice left -- at least little to no ice out in the lake.  There is still ice covering up the rock along the shoreline, however.






As you can see below, the shelf ice is still covering up the rocks....








I only found one small area with a few rocks....






1 comment: