Monday, April 3, 2017

Another Beach Picnic Dinner

Last evening was the warmest yet this year.  With temperatures in the mid-50s, my friends and I decided to have another beach picnic dinner.  We had chicken/pea/walnut salad, beans with hot dogs, and cranberry walnut bread.  For the second night in a row clouds blocked the sunset, but it was still awesome to be out on the beach.


Looking west.....


Lois, Jamey, and Nora....


Looking east toward the outer harbor lighthouse....




The photo below shows how sand and rock accumulate on top of the shelf ice as the ice melts.


First Creek trying to punch through the ice....


The photo below shows why it is not safe to venture out onto the ice.  I only went to the top of the first row, which is located over the shoreline.



1 comment:

  1. Can I please come live with you? I am in love with Lake Superior and spent as much time as I could exploring every beach I could find from Ashland WI. My favorite campground was Lake Superior Campground as it was so close to the lake but I had a hard time getting up and down the hill to the beach. I can't wait for my first trip of this year to see my favorite lake. I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete