Friday, December 15, 2017

Partly frozen bay, beach, and ski trail

When I went to town yesterday, I took a couple of pictures of the partly frozen bay.  Since the local ice fishermen only had one day of ice fishing last year (because it was so warm last winter), they are celebrating that the bay is already starting to freeze over.



Then I went over to the boardwalk.  I attempted to ski, but there was too much sand mixed in with the snow.  There was also a lot of vegetation and exposed driftwood, so I bailed and went back to the car.  Next I tried to just go for a walk, but it was too cold.  Although it was 20 degrees, the 20 mph winds made it feel like -10.  My face was too cold to continue. After a total of 30 minutes I had to go back to the car.  I did get a few photos.


Looking west...


The photo below looks like an agate, but it is sand mixed with snow blown into ridges.


Looking east....



Looking west....



I just had to get on my skies.  First I drove east to see if the town's ski trail was groomed.  It was not, so I headed over to the national park.  The trails were packed, not groomed, but I headed out for a ski.  I didn't get all the way around trail B due to vegetation (didn't want to scratch my skies), but I had a decent ski anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment