Friday, January 5, 2018

Coast Guard Point Photos

To celebrate getting most of my accounting and tax preparation done yesterday, late in the day I ventured out into the weather.  Since the wind chill temperatures were in the negative teens, I doubled and tripled layers, covered up completely, put my snowshoes on, and headed out to the beach at the end of Coast Guard Point.  It was between lake effect bands so I was able to get some photos.

I had to park over near the Coast Guard station since the parking lot was not plowed.  Once I got to the parking lot area, I stayed clear of the ice.


Once I snowshoed over the first dune, I took the following picture looking west.


From the first dune, looking north you can barely see the outer harbor lighthouse due to the height of the shelf ice.  The shoreline looks more like February than early January.


Looking east...

 

As I headed west, there was a gap in the shelf ice that gave me a better view of the outer harbor lighthouse.


Shelf ice with crashing wave...



Inner harbor lighthouse...




Yesterday I signed an art commission contract to make a large agate window.  The photo below is a mock-up of the 77 inch by 10.5 inch window.  TO be more accurate in my estimate, I decided I had to do this mock-up so I could count and price the agates.  The length of this agate window will be a challenge, but I'm up to the task!




No comments:

Post a Comment