Thursday, May 2, 2019

Mackinac Island Weekend

This past weekend I went to Mackinac Island with a group of friends.  We have been getting together for 32 years!  A great time was had by all!

Getting on the ferry.....


On the ferry from St. Ignace to the island....


The ferry went by the Grand Hotel.


We certainly eat too much food over the weekend!


On Friday we rented bikes and rode around the island.  It was windy on the NW side of the island, but the sun was out!


Cedar forest....






Most every year we cooperatively put together a jig saw puzzle.


We went out to dinner at Mission Point....


I went on a couple of training hikes, taking advantage of the elevation gain on the island.  I took this photo from the East Bluff road.


I love the architecture on the island.


A passing ship....


Hardwood forest....


I was following a path and came across snow melt.  I had to go up and around!


I love the Sugar Loaf rock!






Fort Holmes....







It was warm enough for bugs to be out!





We finished the puzzle!




View of the freighters from our porch.



No comments:

Post a Comment