Thursday, July 11, 2019

I met my golf goal this week!

As some of you know, I have been working on my golf game for the past two summers, although I did not start lessons until the end of last season. I changed the Gitche Gumee Museum's hours so I can play golf on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This change, including the willingness to do something for myself during the museum's season, has increased my quality of life immensely. Thanks to my golf coach, John, for teaching me how to properly swing the golf club (and much more). Thanks to everyone else for their support. THE NEWS: this week I finally met my goal and had a 46 on the back nine, and 100 for the round at Newberry Country Club. My goal was to beat 50 strokes for nine holes. Now, I want to improve my consistency, develop muscle memory for the proper swing, improve course management, and score less than 100 for a round. A special thanks goes to golf friend, Linda, who made me the goal hanger last year and rewarded me with the "Karen" tote bag yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment