Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Survived the busy summer

OK, I know.  I have not posted on my blog since July 11th.  I must admit, this past summer was the busiest of my life.  I never thought I would say that since I decided a few years ago I wanted to simplify my life.  However, then the rock show was moved from Muskallonge Lake State Park to Grand Marais.  There was really no one else to coordinate the show, so I raised my hand.

The good news is the show, which was held the weekend after Labor Day (September 7-8) was a complete success.  I will post photos of the show in the days to come.  The bad news is was hard on the museum (since I did not take care of everything that should have been done), and hard on me.  But, now we are on the other side of summer and I have, for the most part, recovered.

In this blog posting I will catch up on some of the few photos I took this summer.

The photo below was taken near Sable Falls when I was hiking into the dunes....

At the end of Coast Guard Point, there is now a picnic area.


At the marina, they began building a new bathhouse and fish cleaning station.  I will post photos of the finished building in the days to come.


Grand Marais Splash In photos....



A very thick rainbow over Grand Marais Bay....


Spring flowers in my yard.....






First Creek view of the sun....


 



Kayak Symposium....




Another rainbow photo taken from my house....


Deer across from the museum mid-summer....



A very large bug in front of the museum (around 3")….


Bunny in my driveway.  I saw him a lot this summer....


No comments:

Post a Comment